October 04, 2004

Autumnal Musings

I love Autumn. It is, by far, my favorite season.

I love the way that you can put on a big fat sweater or sweatshirt and jeans and run around outside and not die of heat exhaustion. Bring on the football! Let's jump in some piles of leaves, cover ourselves up and just be silly!

I love how mother nature takes out her palette and paints the world such wonderful colors. As we tromped through the forest this past weekend on a geocaching adventure, my son commented on the beautiful colors and we named them - purple, pink, orange, yellow, brown, green and red.

I love the crisp air. It is so awesome how you can take a deep, full breath and have it feel like menthol, opening up your lungs.

Autumn is such a fun time - a time of anticipation. It starts with the relief from the nasty summer heat which quickly leads to my baby's birthday. He'll be 4 this year. My baby isn't a baby any more (but he'll always be MY baby). He was born on beggars night and came home on Halloween - our little pumpkin. Then, we get Halloween, of course, then Thanksgiving and then Christmas - fun, fun, fun.



Mother nature uses this special time to prepare for winter's slumber. I can feel the subdued excitement in the air just like how I feel when I've had a long, full, rewarding day and now I am so tired - I know that, very soon, I will be able to snuggle up under the wonderful quilts grandma lovingly made and go to sleep.

Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment