July 15, 2005

SASF v.7.16

It's been a VERY busy week. Unfortunately, this means I haven't had time to gather up much good stuff for today. It's been a good week, though, even considering how damned broke we have been. Chris got a good sized check today that will relieve the pressure considerably. *whew!*

***

A Color for Each Day of the Week?
I loved the pretty green sun dress I bought last week so much, I went and bought a blue one yesterday. They have a brown & red toned one that is nice, too...hmmmm...

***

I've Finally Heard...

...and am happy to report that all of my British friends are safe and accounted for. There are 700+ others who are not, however - over 50 killed and 700 injured. It's all so senseless, so barbaric. Such ignorance fueled hate can only breed more hate and violence. It's a sad, scary world we live in. My love goes out to Britain, home of my ancestors, and to the British people.

***

Dukes of Hazzard Purist
Ben Jones, a former Georgia congressman who played the wisecracking mechanic Cooter on the popular series "Dukes of Hazzard" from 1979 to 1985, is urging fans to skip the forthcoming movie version, calling it "a sleazy insult." He said profanity and sexual content in the film make a mockery of the family-friendly show. "Basically, they trashed our show," said Jones in an open letter to fans on his Web site. He read a script of the Warner Brothers movie, which is scheduled to be released next month. "It's one thing to do whatever movie they want to do, but to take a classic family show and do that is like taking 'I Love Lucy' and making her a crackhead or something."

I don't know if I want to see the film or not. I have mixed feelings about it, kind of like I do about the new version of the Willy Wonka film. The originals were so good...

I do find it VERY interesting, however, that Cooter became a Congressman. Gi gi gi!

***

Do you Blog Nekkid?

Some fellow naked bloggers have decided that it would be fun to create a webring for their "kind." heh

Click here for details and to join. You go on with your nekkid selves. LOL


***

Be Proud of that Belly!

I had to think of E-Lo when I found this site. They sell belly casting kits and more. Tons of fun for pregnant ladies - belly art t-shirts and belly painting kits... Hey, if you have to put up with that melon under your shirt, you may as well have some fun with it! lol

***

I Hope You Dance

Although I really can't say I'm a country music fan, I found these lyrics and was very touched by them. They're from a song called "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack. I think I'm going to use some of these as a kind of inspirational piece for my son as they express many of my wishes for him although it includes some great suggestions for anyone.

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed,
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance.

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances but they're worth taking,
Loving might be a mistake but it's worth making,
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter,
When you come close to selling out, reconsider.
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

Dance....I hope you dance.


***

Have a wonderful weekend, peeps! Oh, and I hope you dance. :)

11 comments:

  1. Enough with the talk of the dress...we want PICTURES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooter's right, I mean...C'mon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The original Boss Hogg went to Columbia University. I can assure you the new one, Burt Reynolds, was not an Ivy League graduate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that song too.
    I want an Oompa Loompa Daddy! So going to see that movie this weekend, even if Depp does look a wee bit like Michael Jackson in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh... never liked 'Dukes' when it was on; can't imagine paying money to see the movie, even IF they did spice it up.

    And I love the words to that song... kinda brought a tear to my eye. I'm gonna dance, by gum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that song.
    I'm glad your buddies are safe. And I hope you have a great weekend.
    Lois Lane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally see where Cooter is coming from. One of the best things about the old Dukes of Hazzard is that I can let my kids watch it on TV w/o fear.

    Have a great weekend, babe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally need one of those belly cast kits AND the belly art kit. Both are way cool. My cup of (decaf) tea.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm dancin' as fast as I can already!! LOL

    I always coveted those Dodge Chargers they used to smash the hell out of, I read somewhere they would destroy a few in every single episode!! They use one in a jump one time and it's ruined forever, hopelessly twisted and ready for the crusher, sad... no?

    I always cried at the end of every episode!! =(

    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. More sex on the backseat of the General Lee while nekkid bloggers look on? Now that's what I'm talking about. :D

    That song was sung by Ronan Keating of Boyzone. I don't know if USA was spared the results, because when I say sung, I mean ruined, of course. They are great lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just got back from a family wedding in TN. The groom and his bro drove through Hazard County to get there. Unfortunately his joke about being pulled over by the sheriff was greeted with more concern than laughter by the bride's family.
    I think I danced myself into the ground last weekend - gonna have to lay off it this one.

    ReplyDelete