July 06, 2004

Body Worlds

There is an exhibit going on in Los Angeles that I WANT to see. It's called Body Worlds and it looks absolutely fascinating.

Body Worlds at the California Science Center

The German anatomist Dr. Gunther von Hagens invented plastination in 1977. He transforms real human corpses (bodies donated to science) into intricate and authentic representations of the human body for public viewing - an opportunity previously only available to medical professionals. In this exhibit, you can experience the human body step-by-step - the locomotive system, muscles and skeleton, the nervous system, respiratory, cardiovascular, digestive and reproductive systems.

I was always very interested in human physiology and anatomy in school. I am hoping to go visit my sister & brother-in-law in LA soon - if I do, this will be one of the first things I go to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment