June 28, 2004

Rumble, Grumble, Watch Me Stumble

I had a nice weekend - until last night.

To make a ridiculously long story short, I am being persecuted and punished for something I have no control over whatsoever. After much screaming, yelling, crying, tire squealing, fence crashing, engine roaring, dog grabbing & running, and then more crying, yelling, and resignation I managed to heavily sedate myself and go to bed. After a couple of seemingly restful hours, I began tossing and turning, struggling with the tormented thoughts in my head and wishing for more valium. After a fitful (at best) additional 4 hours, I arose, gazed in the mirror, called in sick and went back to bed.

A couple of hours later, a quick call prompted my wonderful pod person neighbor to bring me more valium, so I am dealing. Not well, but dealing.

Unfortunately, an obligation to a wonderful person I could not let down forced me to drag my sorry ass into the office at noon. So, here I am.

The situation is still not resolved. Unfortunately, the problem lies solely within the head of this person whom I love very much. If he can't get it worked out, I will be forced to purge him from my life. That would be very sad, indeed. I am fearful of what this evening could bring. If you don't hear from me after a couple of days at most, alert the authorities as I may be no longer among the living.



No comments:

Post a Comment