November 08, 2004

Incredible

I had one of the best movie experiences I've ever had this weekend...

Central Iowa has a new mall - the Jordan Creek Town Center. This overdressed suburban behemoth is adorned with a brand spankin' new Century theeater - 20 Screens and more showtimes than you can shake a stick at (21 for just this movie each day).

The snack bar is incredible - anything you might want is most likely there. You can have pizza, ice cream (Edys), coffee (Starbucks), kettle corn...I was very impressed. I had an iced Mocha (yum! 1st one I've had in a month!).

The seats in the theaters are incredible, too. They are so soft, big and cushy. They recline and the arms flip up so you can turn them into a big, comfy couch. Wonderful!

The sound was awesome, the picture was awesome...Oh! Yeah, we saw "the Incredibles" and we loved it. It's a Pixar film (Toy Story, Nemo...) so I knew it would be good. Synopsis: Once one of the world's top masked crime fighters, Bob Parr--known to all as "Mr. Incredible"--fought evil and saved lives on a daily basis. But now fifteen years later, Bob and his wife--a famous superhero in her own right--have adopted civilian identities and retreated to the suburbs to live normal lives with their three kids. Now he's a clock-punching insurance claims adjuster fighting boredom and a bulging waistline. Itching to get back into action, Bob gets his chance when a mysterious communication summons him to a remote island for a top-secret assignment.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone, so I will just say that I highly recommend the movie. Go see it.

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment