November 01, 2004

Monday Morning Mind-Dump

There Are Real Hobbits (or were...)
So, the other day I heard this guy in the coffee shop yammering about something. I caught "they found real hobbits in Indonesia!". Huh? Turns out that some remains have been unearthed from tiny human beings who are being referred to as Homo Floresiensis - they are still examining and studying, but think that they lived around 13,000 years ago and were wiped out by a volcanic eruption. The Dastard has some information about it and some links for your perusal...

KC Count Down
10 weeks until our Kansas City Blogger Party! Woo hoo! So far, Kate the Peon, Pup, Aimee, Jamie and me are going to descend upon Kansas City the weekend of January 15. Pup is in big trouble, guys, so someone needs to come save him from all of these women...or maybe not! HA! Don't know what we're going to be doing, but I'm sure it will be fun!

Birthday Weekend
As most of you already know, I spent the weekend celebrating my son's birthday. I survived the Chuck E. Cheese party with 11 of his little friends. It was pandemonium, but went well.

Here is part of the group with Chuck. Some of them wore constumes, some did not. Derrick was a pirate (forgot to put the hat, eye patch and hook on before the pic) hence the dark eyes. He didn't want to go trick-or-treating because he wanted to go home and play with his new toys so badly. That's ok...I certainly don't need all of that candy around to tempt me.

Funny Kitties
Found this cute video over the weekend. My kid was squealing with delight as he played it over & over. It made me smile.

I Voted, Did You? (or Will YOU?)
I have already cast my vote for the upcoming election. I decided to do it via absentee ballott so I wouldn't have to worry about dragging a toddler to the polls. I've heard of a lot of places that have early polling places set up, but don't know of any around here. No I sit and wait, white knuckled, short of breath...

Cheater Cheater, Carb Eater!
I fell of the wagon a little this weekend on my diet. But hey...it was D's birthday AND halloween. How could I not? I had 2 slices of bread, a pumpkin cookie, a teeny helping of mashed potatoes, a mini peanut butter cup, a few bites of spaghetti...not really all that bad. I can still feel the pounds falling off and couldn't be happier about it. Today, I am wearing a pair of pants that I could not wear 1 month ago...too tight. They are even a little loose. *dance of joy*

Splash!
It makes me happy to run my car though big huge puddles in the street, sending water flying everywhere. Yeeeeaaaaaah.



Happy Monday, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment