November 22, 2005

Ink Jitters

I just had to share this with you. I thought it was simply brilliant:


(clicky clicky to make it bigger)

I love everything about it - the lighting, the pose, the tattoos, the muscle tone. It's just an awesome photograph. As you can see, it's the work of Scott Church, one of my favorite photographers. He rocks.

Anyhoo...it reminded me of my upcoming new adventure - my first ink. Squeee! I'm starting to get the jitters about it. Did I choose the right image? Is the location I chose for it the right spot? Should I do this? Is it going to hurt like hell? Gah! The answers to all of the above are probably yes, but I'm getting nervous. I'm also concerned about the fact that wearing a bra might be a bit uncomfortable for a few days. I'll probably be getting it within the next few weeks.

For those who don't remember, this is pretty much what it will look like if all goes well. (image is not exactly work safe - that's why it's not right here for the world to see. lol)

As the time gets closer, the more nervous I get. I need reassurance, people. Tell me to do it and it will be the coolest thing ever, please. lol

8 comments:

  1. Yay for the tat and no bras!

    I think it'll look great Celti!! I of course will have to take a look after you're done to make sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Celti, you know what? It'll be completely snoggable. :)

    And yeah, burn your bras baby lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pup - I don't know about going braless, I wouldn't dare previously, but I might be able to get away with it now, considering the shrinkage and all. lol thanks, and of course!

    Denny - :D Oh, sure. It will make for great HNT fodder.

    Owl - Woot! Consider it done, then, 'cause I'm all about the snogging. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a stunning photo.

    Good luck with the tat. Hope it doesn't hurt too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My only advice is to be doubly sure that you're happy with everything, the positioning, the colors, the design and the size.
    If it's something that will poke out in low-cut shirts you may have to deal with certain remarks on it.
    You also need to understand that for about a week after getting it done, you can't get it wet. That may make showers/baths awkward and it will scab up and peel off during the first few weeks.
    It's important to take care of it during those first few weeks. You have to put moisturizing lotion on it regularly (I'm sure you'll get offers of help there) and afterwards, you'll have a beautiful piece of art forever!
    It's not an easy process but it can be well worth the trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about a nice toe ring instead? Way less permanent. ;)
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Lois Lane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had all those same nerves Celti, and I've never ever had any regrets with either of mine and my second one was not such a good job and I had to have some redo on it. I love ink, it tells such a personal story.

    Somebody up there mentioned not getting it wet, both of my artists had me shower the next day, not scrub or anything like that, just let the warm water run over it and wash away the .... crap. And it felt SOOO good, took away some of that burn on it.

    One more thing, BE PICKY when they put the pattern on you. BE SURE, BE PICKY, don't settle.

    Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Esther - I thought so, too. Thanks - I think It'll be just fine. :)

    Outburst - Believe me, I've hashed all of this over for soooo long. I'm aware of the after-care issues. Thanks so much for all the advice! I'm so excited!

    Lois - I already have a few toe rings. ;) Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

    MilkMaid - I don't think I'll regret it. I've been reading up on the aftercare, and will also heed the artists' advice. Oh, and don't worry - I'm picky. lol thanks!

    ReplyDelete