August 25, 2006

Holy Fungi (or should it be bacteria?), Batman!

Why does the mushroom get invited to all the parties?
'cause he's a fungi. heh

Good gawd, has it been a trying week. Besides the usual money juggling (robbing Peter to pay Paul) and working, laundry, cooking, cleaning, & blahbitty blah, my baby got sick.

Tuesday night, the D-Man mentioned that he wasn't feeling too well. About 9pm as I put him to bed, I noted that he had a fever. I knew I was going to be in for a long night.

Now, I usually try not to give him anything for the fever unless he's really burning up. His doctor says it's best to "let the fever do it's job". So, I was up about once every 1 1/2 hours checking on him, making sure he's sleeping ok and isn't getting too hot. He got up at seven, bless his little heart (GAH!), fever still burning away. He complained that his throat hurt, so I knew it would be off to the doctor for the two of us. We went that afternoon and, sure as shit, he had strep throat. Yay! Add another $35 to the "things we can't afford but have to pay for" file. Sheesh.

So, I got him going on the antibiotics and we stayed home all day Wednesday and Thursday. We watched a lot of TV and movies, we played with legos and bionicles, I taught him to play chess at his request. That's right - chess. He wanted to play again and again.

He was very clingy and needy so there was no getting on-line and no breaks, but I enjoyed spending the last two days with my pre-school boy attached at the hip. Yes, sadly, this little illness caused him to miss his last day of preschool and his first day of Kindergarten. I was so sad about that but what are you going to do? So he started Kindergarten today. *snif*

You know what sucks, though? It's not over yet. Last night, I noticed that he was a bit red around the eyes and his face looked kind of blotchy. I didn't think too much of it, but this morning when we got up it was much worse! He looks like someone punched him in both eyes, though he said it doesn't hurt or itch. I called the Dr. who said it could be a reaction to the medication, so he said to stop that one and start a new one that he called in to the pharmacy. *cha ching* *sigh* I really hope that takes care of the problem. I worry so much.

What day is it again? Oh, yeah! Friday. I have NOTHING prepared for WTFF since I gather most of that stuff on Wed. & Thurs. Sorry. I got into work this morning fully prepared to frantically seek out some goodies for you, only to have the power to the entire eastern section of down town lose power. I have no windows in my office and I can't tell you how freakin' dark it was in here. I'm so smart to keep a flash light in my desk. Anyway, we had no power for about 2 hours and now, alas, I must work. I didn't want to leave you hangin', though. Here I am. *yawn* I'm freakin' exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment