March 31, 2004

Maggot Update

Well, this past Saturday Slipknot filmed their video. It was basically a "your favorite band and their fans invade your home" type thing. John & Josh went & had a blast.

They had to show up at 5:30 am, sit around a lot and deal with a cold drizzle most of the day, but said it was well worth it. At the urging of the band and producers, they beat the snot out of an old car in the back yard with baseball bats, they jumped off of the garage onto the car, they smashed through windows and they did a lot of "run here, run there, storm the house, storm the yard" stuff. They did get to meet the band and the band did actually perform for them - of course the mosh pit broke out as soon as the beat started. John just about got in trouble for hitting on one of the band members' wife. The band has all new masks & is raring to go. My nephew Josh (17) is still reeling.

This is the house they filmed it in

I really can't say that I am a Slipknot fan because I don't own any of their albums. I do like some of their songs, though.

Music-wise, my personal likes include:

When I want to ROCK:
Nickelback
Godsmack
Incubus
Creed
No Doubt
Staind
Saliva
The White Stripes
Linkin Park
Korn
Stone Temple Pilots
Tool
Chili Peppers
Audio Slave
Puddle of Mud
Green Day

When I want to Chill:
Dido
Sarah MacLachlan
Dave Mathews Band
Train
Evanescence
Norah Jones
John Mayer
Smash Mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment