February 24, 2005

A Breath of Fresh Air

aaaaaaaahhhhhhh...

Let me just say this:

Friends are a gift from the Gods
Valium is a gift from the Gods
Chocolate is a gift from the Gods

hee hee

I've really not wanted to blog lately - I've been feeling like all I do is complain. I've had a bit of a mental turn-around, however (funny how those happen often immediately following a nervous breakdown...) and have decided that I shall make every possible effort in every aspect of my life to be positive. I must concentrate on the positive things in my relationships, my job, my self-image and self-esteem.

I was searching for something good to talk about from the news today and couldn't find anything. No wonder so many people in our society are so depressed, stressed out and nasty! There is even nastiness going on in blogland which I, so far, have been fortunate enough to have not yet been sucked into. Can't we all just get along, folks?

I want to do as many nice things as I can for people who are in need. I want to squeeze and kiss my little boy until he squirms. I want to shower my friends and family with affection...ok, this is just getting a little too sticky in here. Ew. Making my teeth hurt. lol

Anyway, we'll see how this goes. It's a new leaf - a bit worn & tattered from it's journey, but isn't it beautiful?


"The grass is not, in fact, always greener on the other side of the fence. Fences have nothing to do with it. The grass is greenest where it is watered. When crossing over fences, carry water with you and tend the grass wherever you may be."
- Robert Fulghum

No comments:

Post a Comment