February 04, 2005

Short Attention Span Friday!

In the news today:

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Two young Colorado girls decided it would be nice idea last summer to deliver some cookies to their neighbors. It was pretty late – around 10 to 10:30 pm. One 49 year old woman was so freaked out by the knock on her door that she called the sheriff and ended up in the hospital emergency room the next day after suffering a severe anxiety attack. So, what does she do? Deal with her own issues? No…she sued the girls and they had to pay her $900! Bitch! I’d bet she doesn’t have any more neighbors trying to be nice to her!

Easy on the Water there, Dude!
A 21 year old California State University student died of "water intoxication" during hazing in the basement of a fraternity. He died while drinking water from a five-gallon jug and doing exercises at the Chi Tau house. An autopsy showed death was triggered by hyponatremia, a condition in which excess water in the body causes sodium levels in the blood to drop. Water is then absorbed into the blood and fluid builds up in the brain. Who knew that WATER could kill you? Scary.

Make the Bastard Pay (a.k.a. Rant du Jour)
Scott Peterson's six-month murder trial and three months of jury selection racked up costs of more than $700,000 for the San Mateo County Superior Court. The Court say that, if it doesn’t’ get reimbursed for the costs, they will be looking at a loss of positions or layoffs. In addition to court costs, San Mateo County spent roughly $500,000 on Peterson-related items such as extra deputies, security, transportation and housing for Peterson in the jail.

The question that comes to mind for me is, why don’t they make HIM pay? He was convicted of murdering his wife and their unborn child – he should pay for it all. Take his fancy truck and boat, sell them. Sell his house – I’d imagine that a house in that area would be at least a couple hundred thousand. They should sell off all his assets to pay the bills. Nothing is more unjust than innocent people losing their jobs and taxpayers having to foot the bill for his crime. Sheeesh!

The GOOD news
Well folks, I am extremely happy to report that the shrinkage continues – as of this morning I have lost 68 pounds. WOO HOO! TOOT TOOT! I can’t be more pleased and I can’t tell you how nice to feel good about myself again. I really have trouble believing it when I look in the mirror, but the numbers and my pants falling off don’t lie. Now, I just have to go get me some new duds.

No comments:

Post a Comment