March 09, 2006

Everyone Leaves in the End

I lost a friend today. Heidi - a sweet, young lady who touched my life. She was only 28 years old. See, I met Heidi when she was about 16. She had diabetes, but didn't think she needed to worry about it. She thought it wouldn't hurt to use drugs and neglect her body. She didn't take her medication as she was supposed to, didn't monitor...it caught up with her. A couple of years ago, she started having trouble with her feet and legs. Horrible pain and difficulty walking...last time I saw her, she was using a cane.

Heidi has been in the hospital for a few months. I believe they said her kidneys failed. She was terribly swollen, and didn't want anyone to see her that way. I wish she would have let me come. Heidi was a beautiful girl and that would not have been obscured for me. She was good friends with Pod (they shared a love of painkillers) and I'm glad he's there to greet her.

At 28, Hiedi passed away this morning at home. I'm relieved her suffering is over. Rest in peace, Heidi. I'll miss you, sweet girl.

Everytime the rain comes down
I close my eyes and listen
I can hear the lonesome sound
Of the sky as it cries

Listen to the rain
Here it comes again
Hear it in the rain

Feel the touch of tears that fall
They won't fall forever
In the way the day will flow
All things come, all things go

Listen to the rain
Here it comes again
Hear it in the rain

Late at night you drift away
I can hear you calling
And your name is in the rain
Leaves on trees whispering
Deep blue seas, mysteries

Even when this moment ends
Won't forget this feeling
Everything will come again
In the sound falling down
Of the sky as it cries
Hear your name in the rain

Please, please, please...if you have a condition like diabetes, get help, do as your doctor says and take care of yourself.

9 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hell...

    Many caring virtual hugs headed your way. I'm so sorry, darlin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So young...sorry to hear about this...hope you're doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's rough. At least she had a good friend like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're like a light to Pod and Heidi....I don't know I see you that way, but I do. And there will be others to follow.

    But that isn't what I wanted to tell you. I just wanted to stop by and tell you I love you, sweet pea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's tragic... I'm so sorry, Celti. Hope you enjoy your weekend, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete