m Celtic Cross Celtic Cross - Average Everyday Sane Psycho Supergoddess

March 30, 2006

HNT - Beads!

Yes, it's that time of the week again. 45113638_202b79dc11


Beads! (Oh, yeah...there's a little neck there, too. heh)

I love beading and it's recently occurred to me that it's something I haven't really talked about much here. The ones in the picture above are some of my favorites, which I happen to be wearing today. They're faceted fire-polished amethyst disc beads, spaced with amethyst rounds and silver seed beads. It's sad because I had a horrible time getting a clear pic of them that shows their true beauty. They have a finish on them that reflects the facets as the light hits them. This pic here to the right shows kind of what I mean.

Beading is a great hobby. You can make all kinds of jewelry for yourself, custom tailored to match whatever outfit you have in mind. You can also make cool gifts for your friends. I have made countless necklaces and bracelets for friends and family over the years. It's a dangerous hobby though - it can become very expensive very quickly and it's addictive. lol

Inanna and I share a love of beads, as well as El Sid (she works in a bead shop, lucky girl). Beads such as the ones seen above can cost you anywhere from 5 cents each to 40-50 cents each. Yeah...imagine how much this necklace would cost at 50 cents each. Yikes! I, thankfully, got these on eBay and got a great deal.

Well, I would love to talk more about beads, but work is calling. ug. For more skin-revealing fun, click on the HNT icon above, or go see Inanna if you want to see some of her fabulous bead-work. She's more of a freak about it than I am. ;)

HHNT, everyone!

11 Comments:

At March 30, 2006 10:47 am, Blogger Cootera said...

You do some *fabulous* beadwork, darling! In fact, I just wore my beautiful necklace yesterday. Smooch!

 
At March 30, 2006 11:10 am, Blogger sydwynd said...

Very nice necklace. You're quite the crafty one. The Wife loves the barette I got from you, though she doesn't wear it as much witht he new hairdo.

 
At March 30, 2006 1:36 pm, Blogger TRES CEE said...

caldron suce de seculo amen

 
At March 30, 2006 1:39 pm, Blogger TRES CEE said...

piacere desnorteado desnudo dessudeato tutte tan belle a te me bebe' amen awoman whoa giddyap backula man oh man

 
At March 30, 2006 1:59 pm, Anonymous vickie said...

Really nice necklace. Beading is fun, creative and great therapy!

 
At March 30, 2006 2:08 pm, Blogger TRES CEE said...

dee salvador dallied for per che non tan abbianno delle materiale o abilite per piensando per tutte proviso delle salvazione en Jesus Christo amen

 
At March 30, 2006 2:12 pm, Blogger TRES CEE said...

dee non bisogna havere deep breathig exrcises already highly dev eloped via on job trainin amen

 
At March 30, 2006 7:32 pm, Blogger spcknght said...

Very nice work with the beads. My wife's a beading hobbyist, too. The photo makes the amethyst round beads look like garnets--a neat combination as well.

Happy HNT! As soon as I can drum up my camera, I'll post a late HNT meself.

 
At March 30, 2006 11:04 pm, Blogger Inanna said...

I LOVE AMETHYST!!! It's beautiful Celti! Beading is dangerous, as we well know! I'll holla at ya this weekend!

 
At March 31, 2006 12:38 pm, Blogger E-Lo said...

I love beads too. I haven't had much time lately to play with any (obviously), but I love doing beadwork and I love PMC even more. I like working with big chunky beads. My sis has a bead/jewelry business and everything they do, from the beads to the silver is handcrafted and it's SO COOL.

I looooove it.

 
At April 01, 2006 10:59 am, Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

Why hasn't anyone done the obvious half NECK-id Thursday line? Well, I've done it now. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here