June 21, 2006

Midsummer Night's Dream

Ahh, yes...today is Summer Solstice, and here I sit stuck with entirely too much work for one woman to do and NO FREAKIN' THUNDERSTORM. Yes...mother is taunting me. Yesterday's storms decided to veer North with the southern portion disappating, leaving me with a pathetically unsatisfying trickle of rain. Aw, Poo. Today, once again, our neighbors to the North have their windows rattling with another of her beautiful hissy-fits while my shoulders are dry. Double poo. Oh well, I can stamp my foot and whine as I wish and she'll give me my release when she's damn good and ready. erg.

Ok...now that I've got that out, I can get on to the business at hand.

Summer solstice - the longest day of the year, is a day for celebration. "This midsummer festival celebrates the apex of light, sometimes symbolized in the crowning of the Oak King, God of the waxing year. At his crowning, the Oak King falls to his darker aspect, the Holly King, God of the waning year." The days will be getting shorter from here on out as we creep into my favorite time of the year - Autumn.



For more information on Summer Soltice and it's meanings, see last year's post. My work load was apparently much lighter at that time as I was quite windy. lol

Tonight I personally intend to seek out a gathering, perferably around a mighty fire.


Happy Summer Solstice, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment