June 01, 2006

A Review & A Rant

I still feel like I'm in holiday weekend mode. I also feel like it's Wednesday. Bah.

This weekend was nice. We went to the farmer's market Saturday morning & got some asparagus, rosemary plants, catnip plants and a watermelon. I love the farmer's market. About halfway through exploring the market, it started raining. It was so funny to watch the people duck & run as we strolled along in the rain. Sheesh, people, you're not going to melt! lol

We normally buy a pie from the Amish pie experts, but they were practically sold out by the time we got there. I had some rhubarb in the freezer from 2 weeks ago, so I got inspired and made two strawberry rhubarb pies from scratch. I sweetened them with Splenda as to minimize the damage. lol

The pies were a hit - we had a family get-together/barbeque on Sunday and people were fighting over the pie (amicably, of course). I even caught one nephew hiding some of it in his own personal "pie-stash." Yep - I think I'll be baking more pie this weekend. Who here likes rhubarb? :)

So, Sunday we spent most of the day cooking or eating - salads, deviled eggs, smoked ribs *drool* and PIE. We waddled out of there and went home Sunday night and watched Hoodwinked. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It was a VERY cute and funny movie. Loved it.

Monday, my friend Kim and I took our kids to the zoo. We had a great time. Check out friendly Meester Giraffe...

Yep, that's the D-Man & his buddy Hannah.

Jellies!


All in all, it was a nice, relaxing weekend.

NOW...the rant.

WHAT THE HELL is up with these stupid birds that start chirping and singing at 4 f'in 30 AM!?!? For the last week or two, I have been disturbed from my dreams by very enthusiastic chirping - always around 4:30. It's pitch dark then, thankyouverymuch. I have no problem with them chirping at dawn, you see, as I usually get up about then. It's even quite pleasant. At 4:30, however, IT'S NIGHT TIME SO SHUT UP AND GO BACK TO SLEEP! *phew* OK, I feel better now. Anyone have a bb gun? heh

No comments:

Post a Comment