May 09, 2005

For the Love of Corsets

I have a little saying...that if it weren't for corsets, I wouldn't be here. It's true!

Back in 1874, I believe it was, my great grandmother Anna Mae West (she went by Mae. heh) was quite a little heart-breaker. Having just broken things off with her beau, she went to a barn dance with another fellow, causing said jilted beau to go into a rage. He followed her home, and confronted her, ultimately shooting her with a pistol.

She fell to the ground, so the cad turned the pistol on himself and blew his brains out. Mae then awoke to find him dead and it was determined that the ball from the pistol had hit the steel stay in her corset, saving her life. She wasn't hurt - she had simply passed out from fright.

We're not sure, but we think the fellow she'd gone to the dance with was my great grandpa as they were married shortly after this.

My mom still has the original newspaper clipping. The title is something along the lines of "Lovers Quarrel Ends in Tragedy." It recounts the details of what happened, and stated that Anna Mae suffered a "severe nervous shock."

I don't think it's only for this reason that I have a thing for corsets, though. I love them. Simply stated, they are just hot. I need to get a new one, really. Mine is white (zzzzzz) and there are so many others that are just so much prettier.

I want one like this one:

As a matter of fact, I want the whole outfit. Meow.
What do you think?
Yeah, that's the ticket...

14 comments:

  1. Hey Darlin -
    Hot corset! I'm just catchin' up on your last few posts...been slacking, sorry. I was at the CSC, btw! Funny! I'm going there again today...(not for the masturbate-a-thon though, grr).
    Have a great day, sweet cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I collect corsets too. So glad I stumbled on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... corsets are hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -- that's a moment straight out of a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    *wipes the drool off my lower lip*

    Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should treat yourself and buy the whole outfit Celti girl! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Varla - Hey Vixen! I know, isn't it? Imagine, you at the CSC? Whatever for? LOL You too!

    Odd Wife - welcome! You collect them? sweet!

    Pup - they sure are!

    Michael - it is! Fun family history.

    Just Me - indeed! *wipe*

    Jenn - I'm looking into it, actually. heh

    ReplyDelete
  8. niiiiiice!!!!

    I so need one! Nice ones are expensive though, poop! Gotta start saving now, then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo that just looks so tasty!! I think I saw some outfits with corsets almost exactly like that in some French Quarter shop recently.

    wow, incredible story too!!

    smooches sweetness!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a story! Love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can actually get good deals on ebay for corsets - but I'm dying to have one custom made someday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ESC - thanks, I think so! This one is $200. Not really that bad. They've got load of them on ebay, though! (thanks odd wife!) Woot!

    Se7en - mmm hmmm! thanks & smooches!

    Denny - thanks & welcome!

    Minkey girl - thanks! Welcome!

    Odd Wife - I am SO there. Thanks!

    Seamus - Something about dangerous curves and tied things, perhaps? We'll have to discuss. ;) *snicker* Thanks! *smoooink*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll stick with my belly ring and my bikini, that things sounds very uncomfortable! ;)

    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Blog. It's nice . If you ever need nipple ring related stuff, I'm sure you'd be interested in nipple ring

    ReplyDelete