May 02, 2005

Great Advice

How to make yourself beautiful:

Go outside, take a deep breath and loudly shout, "Ha!"

Spend an afternoon with an 80-year-old woman and listen to her stories.

...then spend the next afternoon with a four-year-old and ask them to explain something mysterious to you, like the moon or love or why monkeys like bananas so much.

Eat a piece of ripe fruit with infinite slowness.

Roll down a grassy hill again and again until you're dizzy.

Tell a bad joke.

Hug a friend fiercely.

Take a chance.

Help someone out.

Sprint down the block, just because you can.

Throw away your TV.

Smile.

...some of the best advice I've heard in a while. Thanks, Heather!

7 comments:

  1. y'know...You're likely to end up sic if'n you roll down the hill too much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, watch out for poop piles too. I did that once and it was no good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My age has me rolling down the hill fast enough. How about I just throw Mr. Lane down one? That would make me smile. ;)
    Lois Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm for all of those... except maybe the tv one. How 'bout I just turn it off fer awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Derek- you fatalist! Why you gotta take the fun out of it? LOL

    Pup - oh, good point! Shall I add "inspect hill first"?

    Chris - I thought so. There is some good stuff on there, but not much.

    Lois - LOL! Can I throw mine down there with yours? That would really be a hoot!

    Cootera - that sounds like a great compromise! Tossing it is a bit extreme...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, ok! I'll give some of that stuff a try. Except the hill thing--I'm already dizzy enough.

    :)

    Hi Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aimee - I think you can be excused from the dizziness. lol How are you?

    Seamus - right into the canal, huh? I just bet the Scotch had something to do with that. Nice quotes - especially the last one. *smoink*

    ReplyDelete