January 26, 2006

HNT - My Best Fella

Last night, Chris and I attended a black tie affair to remember. It was our annual company meeting, and yours truly was in charge of all the audio/visual for the meeting as well as compiling the power point presentation, putting together the agenda and such - nothing unusual, but that's where I've been.

It was also the retirement celebration for my boss. He's been with the company over 30 years and is honestly the best salesman, leader, and motivator I've ever known. He's been gone since the first of the year, so I miss him already. A wonderful filet/chicken dinner with the beer and wine flowing freely at the nicest country club in the metro area, it was a wonderful night.

Details aside, we knew the affair would run late, so we arranged for the D-man to stay with grandma & grandpa. Grandpa will be taking him to school this morning.



I love my son more than I ever thought it possible to love another person. He's my inspiration, my shining star, my hopes and dreams bundled up in a vivacious little package. Last night, I ached because I couldn't kiss him good night. Of course, he'll be home tonight, but I miss my little man. I certainly don't know what I would ever do without him.

I know that some day soon he'll be a big man, but for now I'll keep that little hand in mine as much as I can and savor it.

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, Celti. His hand will never, ever leave yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even when his hand is bigger then yours. He will always be your little man. And the signifigance of that photo with shift and it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute shot. It's so neat when their hands are that small. I looked at some hand imprint ornamants the kids made years ago at Christmas time and it was hard to believe their hands were once that small.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking back at the pictures of the kids. Remembering them small. Our blog has become a treasure trove of fun memories that the kids, family and friends love looking at.

    This is a classic.
    Great HNT pic!

    I miss you huney bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at your posted pic today had me thinking about my grandkids. I've been a part of their lives for only six years, but I wouldn't trade a moment of it for anything. I feel the same way working in a school district--I used to see it as just a job, but now I see how my work influences and shapes the lives of children. We help them grow into the people they will become, but it still is neat to see so much potential in their little hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denny - Yeah, I know. He's growing up so fast.

    Cootera - :)

    Owl - Not if I have anything to say about it. :)

    Jennifer - that's for sure. It would be cool to frame the two pics side by side.

    Nanner - :)

    Vince - It's amazing, how fast they grow.

    Tricia - Yep, there are a lot of cool memories documented for posterity here. :) thanks!

    Spc - nicely said. :)

    Mike - :)

    ReplyDelete