December 13, 2004

the Answers

...to the world's most confounding mysteries, right here Ladies and Gentlemen! LOL

not really

just the answers to your questions from my previous post. :)

My responses in bold italics...


jp (www) said:

Ok, I'll bite. No, really I will. Guard your neck. Oh, you tease ;)

A.
(1) Friday Night Lights - The best HS football movie ever made. Excellent stuff. Hmmmm...not real big on sports movies, but I'll check it out on your recommendation.
(2) The Summons - John Grisham at his best. A very quick read, but a great story. Oooohh, I like Grisham.
(3) Eminem - Encore - Slim Shady's newest is very well done, although you have to listen to it more than once to appreciate it. I've heard it is very good and have been meaning to scope it out.
B.
(1) How's it hanging? A little lighter these days ;)
(2) Are you ready for Christmas? Darn tootin! I have just a couple of little piddly things to get, but no big deal. A lot of banana bread to cook, though.
(3) Can I get sloppy seconds on that rice krispy treat in your sidebar? Certainly! Though I think it's a ricecake.



Derek (www) said:

A.
1. Disorganized Crime. Is just flat out funny. I should watch it tonight. I will check that out
2. Books...Books...I'm sure that your local newspaper will suffice. I get my news online - foxnews.com & msnbc.com mostly
3. The Coasters "50 Coastin' Classics" from Rhino Records. Far out, man!
B.
1. Where are my taquitos? En el Mexico or in the fryer
2. What did you get me for Christmas? A swift kick in the arse. LOL Just Kidding
3. That's not a rice krispy treat, it's a cookie, isn't it? What's doin' the humping, a turd? I think it's a ricecake...or maybe oatmeal cookie. It's the little monster that's taking over fark.com.



Aimee (www) said:

A. 1. "The Usual Suspects". Doesn't matter how many times you've seen it, it's still awesome. Or if you're not in the mood for that one, try "O Brother Where Art Thou?". Also always good. Or if you have the boy at home and want to keep him entertained as well, go for "The Princess Bride". Oh, I love the Princess Bride (have it in my library) and O Brother Where Art Thou? is one of my favorites! I haven't seen the Usual Suspects, though...so a renting I will go. lol
Man, I can't even make it through the first piece without breaking the rules! Sorry.

2. "Ahab's Wife". I could not put it down. Fantastic read! Hmmmm...cool!

3. "Blues for Allah" by the Grateful Dead. It's perfect for a lazy Sunday morning. I love the Dead, but haven't heard that album. Sweet!

B. Can I get back to you on these questions? You pretty much answer all my questions all the time anyway... You have a good point there.



Omega (www) said:

(A)
1. 'Memento'; second reccomendation, "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me'. They'll be put on the list.
2. Anything by Andrew Vachess, the best noir writer of the past twenty years. His books start with 'Flood'. Noir....groovy!

3. Faithless, 'No Roots'. Hmmmm...never heard of them. Interesting.
(B)
1. What is your earliest memory? I would have to say it was when we were playing dress up with the neighbor girls. They dressed me up in a little sailor girl dress and made a huge fuss over how cute I was. I wore that dress for like 3 days. That, or when my big sister ripped my arm out of the socket. hmmmpf.
2. If you could have a house anywhere in the world, where you live? The Greek Island of Santorini
3. What celebrity do you think you most closely resemble? Hmmm...that's a tough one. I don't know - Cybil Shepherd or maybe Charlize Theron on a bad day? LOL


Tricia (www) said:

1) Practical Magic Love that movie!
2) The Feast of All Saints Anne Rice Added to the list
3) The Roots- the seed http://www.okayplayer.com/theroots/ I'll check it out


1) Who is your favorite actor? Johnny Depp
2) If you have a daughter what will you name her? Isabelle
3) a) Do you still have my thong? Yes
b) Did you remember to wash it? Hell no, I'll never wash it! LOL



Inanna (www) said:

1. Schindler's List One of those I've been meaning to see...
2. The Wolf's Hour by Robert McCammon Added to the list
3. Metallica - Metallica Yes, very good

1. If you were Derrick's age, what would you dress up as for Halloween? Probably Kim Possible - she rocks! ...or maybe a Powerpuff girl
2. What is the best advice you ever received? Don't sweat the small stuff and to believe in the power of unconditional love.
3. Afterlife or reincarnation? Actually, both...I think we stick around until we get it right and then we get our reward.

Thanks for playing, folks! I promise I have a real post coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment