m Celtic Cross Celtic Cross - Average Everyday Sane Psycho Supergoddess

December 01, 2004

The Condition My Condition Was In

Hello world! Yes, I am alive and happy to be that way. It has been an extremely long and unpleasant holiday weekend chez Celti. We have been sick. Not just icky sicky…falling down, wish I were dead sick! Monday night I thought I was going to die. I think I would have felt better if I had died.

My wonderful son started out the Thanksgiving weekend by puking all over me in the recliner Thursday night. No warning – we were snuggling and watching TV and he just spewed. Sorry to be gross, but it’s one of the joys of parenthood, folks. I quickly parked him in front of the toilet, stripped myself of my vomit-soaked clothes and put something else on. He was done throwing up by then, laying on the bathroom floor. I stripped him of his befouled jammies, gave him a quick wash-off and got him it new jammies toute suite and put the poor little bugger to bed. He slept for a while, and then threw up all over his bed and pjs. I cleaned him up, cleaned up his bed, new sheets and blankets and back to sleep he went. We did this two more times before morning. Yeah, long night.

Thank heavens by morning the vomiting had stopped. He was feverish and lethargic. I pushed fluids and held him most of the day on the couch. By that night, you could tell he was starting to feel a little better. We took it easy and stayed in all day Saturday and by Saturday night, he was back to his chipper old self.

Sunday night, I started feeling a bit off...not really sick, just a generally unwell feeling. Monday morning, on the other hand, was a different story. When I arose my head was swimming and my stomach was cramping. I tried to psych myself out and convince myself that I was not getting sick despite the fact that I had to make several trips to the loo. Thinking that it wouldn’t look good to call in after a 4 day weekend, I decided to tough it out and go to work.

By the time I dropped Derrick off and got to work, I was feeling horrible. Gut wrenching cramps were doubling me over, and I had to make several more trips to the bathroom. I started to get that urping, gurgling feeling. OMG – I’m going to puke! Convinced that there was no way I was going to make it to the bathroom (it’s quite a walk) and not wanting to spew in the hall, I chose my friendly office garbage can. Since the dumbshit cleaning lady didn’t put a liner in, there was simply no nice way of cleaning up the mess. So...I put the little surprise package in her cleaning closet (today I have a liner. LOL)

I promptly told my boss that I was sick and had to leave and drove my soupy ass home – thankfully an uneventful and quick drive. I went straight to bed and didn’t move again until 5 (7 hours later). I got up when Chris and Derrick came home, moped around a bit and went back to bed at 7 for the night.

To make what is becoming a long post short, I haven’t been that sick in a long time. After 24 hours of excruciating waves of nausea and cramping and horrible body aches, I was no longer convinced that I was going to die. I sat like a quivering lump on the couch all day yesterday, wanting to eat something but so very afraid because everything I ingested (including water) made my stomach hurt so badly. I didn’t even blog on my new computer – that is how sick I was.

Despite having a stomach that is still a bit on the tender side, I am SO very happy to be feeling well again and happy to be back to the blog-o-sphere.


Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here