December 21, 2004

Boogie Woogie Christmas

It snowed yesterday! YAY! Looks like we'll have a white Christmas since the forecast is for cold cold cold until then. Derrick so badly wanted it to snow...he was exstatic. There is nothing more beautiful than the pure joy of a child throwing his arms up to the sky and opening his mouth to welcome the big, fat snowflakes.

After dinner, we went outside to play. I fell on my butt twice and laughed like a maniac. The second time, though, I jammed my pinky finger and it really hurts today (let's hear a collective "awwwwwwww"! LOL) We made a snowman. He doesn't have a head now, though, because when I was trying to jam things into him to make a face his head exploded. Yes - exploded. Kerpow. The headless snowman (sounds like some kind of stupid horror movie). Oh, well...we'll give him a new head tonight. We rolled in the snow, had snowball fights, and made angels. Weeee!

I've been enjoying my new CD - Brian Setzer Orchestra, Boogie Woogie Christmas. I adore BSO and Brian Setzer - been a fan of his since the Stray Cats. He is one cool cat. I saw them in concert a few years ago (BSO, that is) and it was fantastic!

But, my biggest news of the day is this....(insert drumroll here). I HAVE LOST 52 POUNDS! Woo Hoo! I can't tell you how happy I am with this diet and how things are going. I'm going to get me some new clothes because things are really starting to sag and droop. Maybe I should have put suspenders on my Christmas list. I did get a nice scale from my mom (isn't that just like a mom?) so now I can weigh every day and keep better track of my progress. I hadn't weighed for like a month so I was quite surprised. It is really strange - I don't feel that much thinner or see it when I look in the mirror, but judging by my clothes it has to be true. How does one go about adjusting their body image? Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment