December 22, 2004

Happy Holidays, Dear Bloggers

The new year is approaching, and a lot of us take this time to reflect on the year that is almost past and the upcoming year. Today, I am doing just that. (Warning - sappiness ahead. LOL)

This year, I started blogging. I was bored at work, surfing the internet for something to do when I came across a blog. What's this? How very interesting! She had links to other blogs, which I followed and discovered the world of blogging. Soon, I created my very own, this one. This is my original. Although I have a few others (Celtic Cross Tattoos, an About Me that I never finished) and some group ones that I contribute to (evil recipes, beatdown...) this is my blog home.

I have met so many wonderful friends through blogging. Some people not involved in the blogging world don't understand and think I'm nutty when I talk so fondly of my "blog friends." They way I look at it is that I know some of them better than I know my friends who live right here in my town. I feel this way because I talk to most of these blog friends every day - through reading their blog posts, comments, IM, e-mail, some even on the phone. At times I go for weeks without talking to many of my home town friends. We bloggers share our hopes and fears, tragedies and celebrations. You are a big part of my life.

Just think of it - through blogging we are no longer limited by geography. We choose to "hang out" together in the blog-o-sphere. We have literally thousands of potential friends to choose from and we get to hand pick the very best ones for our own. Each and every single one of you on my links are exceptional people with interesting things to say. You are, to me, the cream of the crop. ...and the new ones who come here are welcomed with open arms, carrying the promise and potential of another cherished friendship.

Happy Holidays, my friends. I am a much better person for having known you this year and I look forward to the year 2005.

*smooch*

No comments:

Post a Comment