December 06, 2005

Why Yes, I would like some cheese with my whine.

Blah. Yep, that about sums it up. blah. blah blah blabbity freakin' blah.

Yesterday simply sucked ass. I really don't have anything significant or interesting to say here, so I'll just bitch. Ok?



I'm not looking for sympathy here, I just really need to vent. ...although jokes, funny things and interesting comments are certainly welcome. ;)

The day started at my usual rising time of 6:30. I put in my contacts and went into the kitchen to start breakfast and "knock knock" at the door. What the...? It was this guy that works for my husband. This greasy, 6'6" scumball who beats up his wife is at the door. It's colder than shit, so I let him in. You see, I don't like this guy. He literally makes my skin crawl. You know those kinds of people who give you the willies and you just know that they're trouble? yeah.

So, Chris isn't even up yet. He uses the phone to call and bitch at his wife, and then some other person, about being stranded last night and where are his keys. Yeah, this is really what I want to listen to first thing in the morning.

I usually get on-line first thing to check the weather, e-mail & such. Can't get on-line. It says the software is corrupted (for the 3rd time this week!?!?), so I have to uninstall it and reinstall it to get on-line. Damn, I need a new ISP. Anyway, computer is acting all wonky, further fueling my grump.

Fortunately, the D-man is being a good boy and was cooperative enough to make heading for preschool/work uneventful, though I was running about 10 min. late since Chris told me the night before he'd get gas in my car and then didn't do it and he stole my snowbrush/scraper. grrrr.

I get to work and settle in, only to be advised that three people from the front office (total staff=4) were gone and they need me to play receptionist today. Yay! So, I pack up my stuff, sign off and head up front. I have my lysol and antibacterial hand sanitizer with me as they are all sick and I don't want what ails them. Anyone have a gas mask?

A little background here - I have my own office here at work where I can play music, chat, blog or do whatever I want as long as my work is done well and on time. No worries!

Up front, however, there are tons of people streaming through, talking to me, asking me for things and then there is the phone. It rings non-stop. See, our CEO likes to have every call answered personally instead of having one of those handy voice response units. So it's answer, transfer, page. Switchboard shit. It sucks. Try concentrating on your database security testing or a document you're writing with all this going on. It's spelled f r u s t r a t i o n.

I go to lunch, sucking fumes from my empty gas tank only to discover that my debit card won't work AGAIN. Shit! So, I call Chris and make him come bring me money so I can get some gas. Jeebus. I schlep my way back to work to continue my smiley receptionist duties.

Finally, 5 pm arrives and I'm outta here. I failed to mention, so far, that I have a cold, so my head is throbbing and feels like it's about 3' thick. ...and there is no medicine in our normally well stocked cabinet. gah! I stop by the drug store on the way home and sign my life away and pledge my firstborn for a box of nyquil liquicaps and a box of daytime advil cold & sinus so they can catch me making meth with it. Yeah...how do you make speed out of something that knocks you OUT like nyquil? I have no idea, but it's a pain in the ass.

Then, I nearly get in a fight with this bitch that thinks it's cute to cut in front of me after I've waited nearly 10 minutes for the next gas pump. I don't think so, beyotch. Don't f*ck with me. She would have been entering a world of pain had she not backed off.

Dinner went pretty much without incident except for the fact that Chris didn't want to eat what I'd planned. I said "fine, then. You're cooking." yay!

Fast forward to later, after dinner, D and I are sitting on the couch in our jammies. He's watching a movie and I'm reading my book and it's all good. The cat's on my lap, purring happily. Relaxation, ahhhh. Suddenly, psychodog Lexi thinks she needs to join in and jumps up on the couch and all hell breaks loose. D jumps up and the cat freaks, brandishing flying claws and spitting and hissing. Fortunately, D got away so he was unscathed, but I did not get so lucky. I have scratches all over my legs, but one arm got the worst of it.



Here are a couple of samples. The punctures don't look that bad, but they are deep and bled for over an hour. I treated them with peroxide and neosporin, but you know how cat scratches are - they're a bitch. They burned all night. Damn cat.

Well, Leonardo's butt got pitched out into the snow (how do you like that? 2 degrees, bastard) and the dog got thrown in her kennel for the rest of the night. So, I had a nice, tall vodka lemonade after putting D to bed, and went to bed with batman bandaids on my arm.

So, that was my Monday.

So far so good this morning (though I greeted another worker at the door at 6:45. gah!). I'm sitting in my office, undisturbed with my pumpkin spice latte and hope shining bright for a peaceful, uneventful day.

How was YOUR Monday?

10 comments:

  1. I have to admit, it was better than yours... except for the pain, but still better. I love pumpkin spice anything!!! Hugs for a great Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh well...You know what they say.

    At least, I HOPE you know what "they" say...'Cause I sure as Hell don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your day seems to be going better. I hate days like that. To make you feel better, I will give you the patronizing pat on the head over the internet: (pat, pat). There, all better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least my cat didn't leave any messes behind. ;)

    Tuesday has got to be better, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well shit! Hope today treats you right!
    Lois Lane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't remember pumpkin spice.....which one was she again??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scars are cool.

    Pumpkin spice was Ginger spice after midnight... or a few too many slices of pumpkin pie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nanner - I'm glad! I do too - the lattes are divine. *hugs* back

    Outburst - sorry. yikes.

    Denny - sheesh, you've got it easy! lol

    Derek - they say "you know that goob, derek?" lol

    Vince - yes, MUCH better, thank you. awww, thanks. *smacks hand away* lol

    Boo - well, outside, but that's ok. *shiver* lol

    Lois - MUCH MUCH better! :D

    Pete - She was the chubby one that they gave the boot to. Poor girl!

    Michael - jeez, I hope they don't scar! ...or perhaps Ginger's lezzie lover - together they make pumpkin pie! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monday? There was a Monday? Damn, I wanted to see that this week...

    :P

    ReplyDelete