June 02, 2005

Someone New to Love

Last night after dinner, Chris left to go over to a friends house to buy his air compressor. This cad got thrown in jail and was desperate for cash, it was a good deal - what the hey? So, he's gone forever and I'm happily bouncing around in the blog-o-sphere. He comes home and presents me with the cutest damned kitten I think I've seen in years. What the...?

It turns out that the dude is going to prison, and his girlfriend is liquidating their apt. because she's going to move out. They had this little kitten, and she was going to take it to the shelter. Gah! We can't have that now, can we? Chris is just as big of a sucker for animals as I am, so he brought the kitty home.

She is 8 weeks old, a little grey and white striped fuzzball. She is beautiful and so sweet - she immediately starts purring when you touch her. I was done for as soon as she crawled up on my chest and started purring. I fed her and gave her some water and then followed her around as she explored the house.

Derrick got to meet her this morning. Needless to say, he was very excited. I went and bought a new litter box, some good food and some little fuzzy mouse toys for her at lunch and went home to check on her. She's doing great. Tonight, she gets to meet Leonardo. I hope they take to each other easily.

We have to find a proper name for her. The couple who had her was calling her Hooch. Um...no. Not Hooch. I'm leaning towards Minouche (pronounced mee noosh) or Cerridwen.

I'll try to post some pics of the little fuzz-ball tomorrow. In the mean time, here are a couple of my roses that I forgot to post yesterday. heh


These are Tea Roses that a friend gave to me...one little bush!

Sweet! You can see one of our awesome oaks in the background.

Make that one big bush - roses gone wild! lol

6 comments:

  1. Sweeeeeeeeet!! Li'l kitties are so cute. And I'd get rid of the Hooch name, too. Good lawd...

    When're ya gonna post a pic of your ugly, stinky patchouli plant? **titter, titter**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice roses. Show us the kitten too. If you wanna include a photo of it on your chest, we won't complain.

    "Hooch" isn't bad, except it rhymes with pooch. It's like calling a dog "mitten".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call it "Hoochie Mamma!!" or Cerridwen is cool too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe..you said "big bush"

    yay for leetle keeeties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rose bush.....can't wait to see the kitty.

    Geez.....this comment is starting to sound very perverted....what the heck, might as well post a pic of kitty on your chest. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitties! That's awesome. Can't wait to see a picture of the furball. (and shit..am now kicking myself for forgetting to call today! ACK!)

    ReplyDelete