September 09, 2005

SASF v.9.9

...that's Short Attention Span Friday for those of you who have no idea what SASF is. :)

Jeez! It's been a crazy week. I may be late, but you know I wouldn't let you down, now...
***
Groovy Cybertoy

Dancer w/out a Body
Give it a minute to load - it's pretty derned fun to play with. ...that is, if you don't have anything better to do...like work your ass off. lol Yeah, I found this before this week went nuts.

***
Yam it Up

Yahoo! is taking votes for their "Yahoo! Video Search Awards" again. If nothing else, the Yammy page is a cool place to find some funny and interesting videos on-line. The categories are: Pets, I Can't Believe It, Bloopers, Road Trips, and Office Humor.

It's interesting because some of the "contestants" are just crap. Who picks these things? I think this one is my fave of the lot: Road Dancer

***
Speaking of Nothing Better to Do...

Mr. & Mrs. Wheatley of the UK make some pretty silly videos. This one, however, struck a chord with me. You know...the chord I hear in my head when an annoying coworker just needs to be brought down. Where do I get me one of these? lol

***
Yes, You Can Quote Me on That

For those who are fond of quotes, I offer Quoteland, purveyors of an impressive collection of quotes, sorted by topic or author so you can find what you're looking for. There are some really sweet ones in here, such as...

"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." -Michelangelo Buonarroti

***
Seriously Now, Folks

This is a very interesting article on opinions from around the world on the Katrina disaster and how it was/is being handled. "Don't think the rest of the world - not just stunned Americans and even some conservative American reporters and commentators who have long served as George W. Bush's loyal mouthpieces - failed to notice the president's inadequate response to Hurricane Katrina's devastation. What foreign observers witnessed from afar, with a combination of shock and awe: "sheer, maddening incompetence, from both the (notoriously corrupt) state authorities and from Washington."

I think we all want to know - What the hell went wrong?


Hmmm...media blooper or catching on to something?

***
Much Needed GOOD News from Katrina

Meet Deamonte Love. This little 6 year old boy was separated from his mother when he and the other children were loaded onto a helicopter leaving no room for their mothers. Though it's unknown how he ended up in the chaos of a crowded New Orleans street full of desperate people, he led five other smaller children and carried a 5-month-old, to help. They were all holding hands - three children of about 2 years old, a 3-year-old girl, and her 14-month-old brother.

He told the rescuers his name, and that the 5-month-old was his brother, Darynael. Two others were his cousins, and the other three lived in his apartment building. They were all in remarkably good condition.

Through the help of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's website, they were reunited with their mothers who were in a shelter in San Antonio.

Great job, Deamonte! Sounds like a future leader to me.

***
An Old Fave with a New Twist - Shrubbery!

A while back on one of these Friday posts, I linked a cool cybertoy where a girl was falling through a bunch of bubbles and you could control her movements. Well, it seems that someone has taken a little liberty with that. Check out the revised version, now even MORE fun to play with. lol

***
Marketing Mayhem

I love commercials. Although they rarely sway me to purchase whatever they are peddling, some of them are just downright brilliant and some of them are damned funny, like these:

Well Hung Pool Stud

Car Bait

Agent Provacateur

Coffee Rage

New Video Phone

Braveheart Sheep

We all need some laughs!

***
Crafty for Katrina Victims

While pondering what I can do to help, I decided that I'm going to donate all of the proceeds from the sale of my barrettes to the Hurricaine Katrina relief efforts. You can find them over here. I'll be updating that site with details soon.

***
You all have a wonderful weekend and be good to each other.

8 comments:

  1. ~Hugs~ I'm still drooling over the barrettes, just need $$$

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the giggles! Have a great weekend!
    Lois Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great SASF, Celti.

    I found the Road Dancer really quite amusing - I have no idea why though. He seemed particularly excited in Cambodia for some reason.

    Thanks for posting some good, heartwarming news about the aftermath - like you say, a young leader in the making and we sure as hell need one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! That caption under Bush's pic is PRICELESS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely hair deco!

    I was soooo worried I'd miss SASF! Glad I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did see this late Friday evening and I thought I commented. I have done that alot late on alot of blogs. My bad. Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh Celti.. It just wouldn't be Friday without you. Or Sunday for that matter since I finally got a chance to get over. :)

    I so much enjoy your SASF's :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Serra - I would consider a trade if you're interested. I particularly like the smell of rosemary... :)

    Lois - my pleasure. you too!

    Cali - thanks. Road dancer made me giggle. I knew I was glad to see a happy Katrina story, so I was compelled to share.

    Nanner - thanks! Glad I made you giggle.

    Seamus - thanks! Nice chattin' today. :D

    Jamie - thanks. Nah...it's not like I delete them on Sat. morning. lol

    Mike - cool - wondered where you'd been. same to you!

    Boo - Hmmm...wonder how many comments have been eaten. You too!

    Jennifer - aw, thanks! I'm glad - it's fun doing them.

    ReplyDelete