March 24, 2005

Going to the Animals

I have animalistic issues. *snicker*

Your Assitance Requested
My snake needs a new name. The friend I bought him from named him Boo. Now, what kind of jacked up name is that? No offense, kimmy, but the snake is getting a new name. After a few months of Boo, I can take no more. Here he is crawling on my friend John's head...

The trouble is that I can't think of a good name for him! I need your help. I was thinking something greek maybe, like Posidon (yeah, that sucks) or something like that. He is a very friendly albino corn snake who is 5 years old, between 4 and 5 feet long. Any and all suggestions welcome! Thanks!

My Fur-baby is Sick
Pugsley, my Boston Terrier is not doing well. I had mentioned a while back that he's been having seizures. Well, they're getting worse. Sometimes he has as many as 3 per day. The vet said that they are most likely not painful, but man they look just horrible. A couple of days ago, he had one when he was standing at the top of the stairs and fell all the way down the stairs. He smashed his mouth on a stair and bloodied his lip. I felt so bad, so I dug out the baby gates to prevent that from happening again. He's also been peeing in the house lately, like he might be losing control. Poor guy.

He is completely blind from cataracts and now this. I will not be surprised if, one of these days, one of us comes home to find him dead. Sometimes, when he's having a seizure, I find myself hoping it will just take him so that he won't suffer anymore. The thing is, I can't tell if he is really suffering. He doesn't whine or show any signs of pain. We've considered putting him down, but just haven't been able to do it. We just hold him and pet him and be as nice to him as we can while we still have him.

I ask you...

Is this not the cutest puppy in the world? It's Seamus' buffledog. He now weighs in at 130#. Remember, when handling puppies - they grow up - a LOT. *grin*